Friday, August 20, 2010

Forever In My Heart


                Edna Thornock Clyde
   November 25, 1914-August 20, 2010.

Whenever I go to BYU game, I'll think of you, because you sure loved your cougs. My mother says my love for Pink was inherited from you, and I love that we've had that in common. You spoiled me rotten on Christmas Eve, my favorite clothes were gifts you gave-you taught me to love Nordstroms. No grandma will ever top the entertainment you provided whether it be your hilarious halloween costumes & the characters part you played perfectly, or when you danced with Santa on Christmas Eve. As a grand-daughter I enjoyed your fun birthday parties...making up raps dedicated to you or blowing party horns & playing BINGO with you. Whenever I hear an Alan Jackson song, I think of you, and this will never change. Most of all, I'll forever be glad that I got to know you. I'm glad you were here for so long, to give me that chance to know you & have so many memories of you, my great grandma. I loved coming to your house to visit with you & on some visits playing Phase 10. I am sad for me, because I have lost, but I'm happy for you because I know you're with grandpa. 13 long years without him here, I'm sure you missed him lots. I'm so grateful to know where you are, and that your no longer sick & that you're safe back in Grandpa's arms.

I love you Pinkie & will miss you very much!

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

mmmm you said it perfect. I love her.. thanks for makin me cry.

andrew and brittani said...

sorry...nobody loves you like a grandma.

The Mama said...

I am so sorry to hear this Nicole. She sounds like she was a wonderful grandmother.

Lisa Bunker said...

You said it all so well, just reading all of the memories makes me cry, we will miss the past!!!!