Monday, August 9, 2010

The Best Thing About Tyler.

    
So, yesterday I went to Tyler's ward with him & after singing one of the hymns in sacrament meeting, he leaned over to me & said, "You're tone deaf, but you try anyway. I love that about you." In my defense, nothing against the organist...she obviously hadn't had much experience playing the organ, but was doing her best, (gold star for her.) the only problem was she was struggling and therefore playing the song very slowly. The entire congregation was struggling, and it was a song I was completely unfamiliar with and based on how quietly everyone else was singing, I'd say they were in the same boat. Needless to say, it was NOT my best singing, but I won't deny it, I am definitely NO SINGER. There is a reason I've never joined any choir and as a child did anything & everything to get out of singing in Primary, at my Grandparents' funerals, in Sacrament meeting with the Young Women...etc. I was forced to join Youth Choir when I lived in a ward in Orem for a short time and confession: I used to pretend I was singing but really wouldn't. haha. I wouldn't sing in with the congregation in Sacrament meeting til I was 18 years old. Anyhow, I was a little shocked by this comment, haha, it was so unexpected, I wasn't sure if I should start laughing or be offended. But at the same time...this is one of my favorite things about Tyler. All his unexpected, non sugar coated comments. You get nothing but honesty from him. He'll tell you exactly what he thinks!

...and for the record I decided to laugh about it, we had a missionary homecoming to go to following...we sat next to my sister at that meeting so before the meeting started I told her what he said & we laughed about it together, so thanks for the laugh T. coughjerkcough. HAHA.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

hahaha too funny, I cant sing either. and neither can Mitch. Sacrement is funny for us.