Friday, October 9, 2009

I Had a Ball.



So Jeff did an amazing job planning the inaugural ball. I was very impressed! I wish I had taken pictures of the decorations...simple but very elegant. It was a very nice way to recognize President Holland and his wife, who looked great by the way! Dancing was lots of fun, and in Tyler's words, "felt like Prom all over again!" ok. he may have thought so, but not me. Definitely didn't feel like high school. It was fun like Prom was but way less cheesy and just less "high school!" haha. I love getting dressed up though, and honestly wished I would have gone more formal than I did. But my original impression was that no one was going to be all out formal...if I would have known...I would have busted out my prom dress from Junior Year, but oh well! My bridesmaid's dress from Chelsey's wedding fit the occasion quite well! I wish I could get dressed up WAY more often, I find it to be so much fun! Anyone else with me on that one? or am I strange???

So in order of events....
First of all, Tyler was So NOT nice to me! Because he drug his feet like no other about going. He didn't show the slightest interest in the ball at all. I think I bugged him about it every day for 2 weeks. I heard every excuse in the book...
....work....
.....boring....
...costs too much...
...nothing to wear...

ALL SUCKY EXCUSES! here is why....he got off work BEFORE me. DANCING is NEVER boring! and Jeff hooked us up, we got in FREE! ...oh and the boy owns 90 ties! not kidding...and several pairs of cuff links. He most certainly had something to wear!

Tyler is NEVER predictable so I wasn't sure if he was coming or not, even an hour BEFORE! ya, how rude huh??? Little did I know, the whole time he was pulling my leg! I seriously didn't doubt that he was going to make me go alone, which wouldn't be a big deal, because it wasn't like an official "date" dance or anything, but still...why would I go to a dance without my boyfriend. He even went as far as to tell me he was not going and to go have fun dancing with all single guys there. He was so SERIOUS...but I honestly don't think he would ever expect me to so he I think he thought he was safe in saying it, it's a good thing I went, cuz BOY I would have showed him. Hahaha. JERK. jk. It wasn't the nicest joke to play on me, he really had me bugged, but oh well. Lol, that is Ty for ya.

Anyway...we weren't able to make it to the meet & greet with President Holland because I was still getting ready because I didn't have a whole lot of time between work & the time it started. On top of that, we realized we forgot to take a movie back to Blockbuster....and it already cost us way more than expected (there is a story behind this...I shall tell later...it involves Tyler's car!) Anyway, we had to take it back before hitting up the dance.

We got there just in time to watch Pres. Holland dance with his wife & then toasted to the Hollands' so that was fun...and from there on out, it was nonstop fun & dancing! Oh, and better not forget to mention the performances by the ballroom dance team. They were fun to watch!

Here are a few photo's from the event!
We took more candid shots than anything!

Me & Jaynee

The ever so fabulous, Rachel

Tyler's Awesome Dance Moves!
I was so impressed!

We were just having a fabulous time!

Um...No comment!

Me & Ty
...sorry...no "posed shots" of the 2 of us. None of them turned out unfortunately :(
(ok...it might just be because I look like I'm 8 in them cuz Ty convinced me to smiler, therefore revealing "brace face.")

Berk, Jeff, and Tyler

Berk & his girlfriend, Nicole
(Doesn't she have the BEST name?)

Jaynee & Cameron

This is just my proof that my hair lasted...this is like at 1 am
LONG after the dance ended!

Sorry for the blurriness on some of these photos.
They shouldn't be blurry and I can't figure out why they are!

2 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

90 ties?!?! For real? Looks like a fun night

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

You realize the hand gesture they're making is the "Shocker", right?