Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sundance Film Festival

Saturday night we ventured up to Park City for the Sundance Film Festival. We didn't plan on getting tickets for any of the shows, we just wanted to enjoy the fun atmosphere. For years Chelsey and I said we were going to go and never did. So we decided it was long overdue. It was sooo snowy and well, being "Park" City and all, it was of course nearly impossible to find a parking spot, but after lots of trying we finally found one. The snow was gorgeous and there was LOTS of it! The atmosphere was great and so was our dinner at Main Street Pizza and Noodle. It was Tyler's first time eating there and he liked it so guess we will be going back. The only negative part of the night was how wet it was. Both Chelsey and I wore our Uggs, because well, why wouldn't we? I hadn't worn them earlier in the day because it was soo rainy in Utah County and the care instructions specifically say not to wear them when its really wet, but snow is okay. I figured since it was Park City, it would be fine. Little did I know that everything would be covered in snow...including the sidewalks and with all the people there for the festival that snow would turn into really really wet messy slush...and massive puddles. The cool thing about it was, the first few puddles I stepped in...and well, slipped into I didn't get wet at all. The water instantly wicked away, unfortunately it didn't stay that way. A few times my feet and boots got soaked, but they dried out really fast which I thought was cool. What I didn't find cool is the salt lines all over them after the fact :( I have been trying and trying to get it off...so much for that protectant I sprayed on them right? I'm going to buy the official cleaning kit for them and will cross my fingers they aren't ruined for good! Next year I will be sporting actual snow boots...its about time I use them anyway...its probably been 4+ years since I put them on!

No comments: