Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years!


Our new year is already off to a great start...

We partied it up with some family on New Years Eve and had lots of fun. We ate food...unfortunately it wasn't very good food...thanks to my nacho cheese disaster. Note to Self: Try out the recipe before deciding to make it for company.  We enjoyed some way overdue sparklers! (We bought them with Misty & Russ on the 4th of July, because we were dying to do them and then ended up waiting 5 months to actually use them.) And yes, as you can see, we struggle. Our logic was that we could just do normal 2's and then flip the picture...didn't think about the fact that when they flip, they say 2102. We enjoyed playing/watching the kids play Just Dance on the Wii. By eleven our place was quiet and empty but I insisted that Tyler had to stay up and wasn't allowed to go to bed before midnight. We watched the ball drop and drank us some bubbly! No pictures (besides the firework ones taken by Misty) because I thought I had lost my SD card for my camera :( turns out it was where I had it all along.

On new years day we went to church and it was our first week as Sunbeam teachers. We got to move up with some of our nursery kids to primary. It was a fun new experience for us and they're super cute. In sharing time we had learned about choices and consequences...one of the examples of a good choice was cleaning their room...so when we got to class that was definitely engraved in their minds, because when we asked them what they liked to do for fun they said things like clean their room and pick up their toys...haha. Guess their parents will be pleased? Hopefully they will learn something from us...at the end of class Tyler asked them if they remembered what they had just learned and they all shook their heads no. Looks like we're going to have to step up our game. For dinner we had fondue, which is a Schaefer family New Years tradition...one of my favorites!!! Only now at our house, we do it better without any gross shrimp!

On Monday Tyler had to go back to work, but I had the day off so I went to a movie with my family. We went and saw War Horse because my dad has been dying to see it. I loved it! I expected that I would, but didn't expect it to be quite as good as it was. I know a bunch of people who thought it looked so boring (including my husband) but its far from that. Its a pretty long movie and I hate long movies...even if I'm enjoying them I usually get super anxious for them to be over  but I didn't feel that way at all in War Horse. I didn't cry, but it definitely gets to your emotions. After the movie I was thinking about it and decided that it was the best movie I'd seen all year. And then I realized the year had just started so that wasn't saying much, haha. So I guess we'll see if any movies can beat it this year. After that we went to dinner with the family and then called it a night! Spending time with family is always great!

As you can see...Nate really loves pictures.

Next week we will start school up again, which I dread but am also really excited for. Last year at this time we weren't in school because life was just too crazy, so I'm excited we will be going this semester because it means we're one step closer to being done...unfortunately we still have lots of steps to go but progress is always good! Tyler finally has a major and is all done with his generals so that has made things a little more exciting!

I told Chelsey a few weeks ago that I feel like 2012 is going to be a year of change. I honestly have no clue what is going to change, I'm not even sure why I think it, but for some reason I just do, so I guess we will see!!! It is 2012 so who knows, maybe the world will end ;)


1 comment:

Chelsey said...

It is and will be a year for change! Brrring it on