Friday, January 6, 2012

My Awesome Car Luck.

I thought we were maybe going to luck out and kiss all our car problems goodbye with 2011, but that is not going to be the case. Our "great" car wasn't as great as I thought. Yesterday when I was leaving work I turned on my car and instantly heard a very loud noise coming from the car. It was so loud it made me jump, as I backed out of the parking lot it kind of quieted so I thought it was just a fluke, but once back in drive I could totally here it again and as I accelerated it got even louder. If I hadn't known that something was wrong I probably would have laughed because the noise it was making was kind of funny. It kind of sounded like a toy race car maybe winding up? That's the best way I know how to describe it. The more I accelerated the more I could here it. I had errands to run but decided against it, because I didn't know how safe it was being in my race car and all. Plus, just in the short drive home I caught the attention of plenty and I didn't care to draw anymore attention to myself.

That night I told Tyler about it and since we had to go to the store, he decided to drive it. As soon as he started it he said "What did you do to it?!" ....yes, typical male. Blame the woman.

Today it was still making the sound but it wasn't nearly as loud. We'd decided I better take it in to the mechanic ASAP but I found myself questioning if I should do so, because it wasn't nearly as bad as it was and I almost convinced myself it wasn't doing it anymore and I was just hearing things. I took it in anyway...of course hoping that they'd look at me funny and tell me it was in my head. Unfortunately not the case, it's in the shop getting a new alternator. Guess the good news is I'm not just a looney that's hearing noises? I just hope that the first week of 2012 will be the one and only week in 2012 that we have to pay for car repairs.

3 comments:

Tyra Shortino said...

Haha. It’s kind of funny that you thought you were just hearing noises in your head. It's good that you brought it to the shop right away for repairs, because that might get worst if you didn't. But if the problem persists, I think it's best that you buy a new car. There are lots of auto loans made affordable and flexible to help you in acquiring a new vehicle. Just check them out. :)

Ivo Beutler said...

The sound it was making was definitely from a bad alternator. There are related symptoms for a bad alternator. One is when your car engine runs weakly and then needs powering up again. Another is when your car battery drains every time you run your car for any length of time. If you have a voltmeter, you can check this to see if your alternator is having problems.

Ivo Beutler

Unknown said...

It’s good that they were able to identify the problem quickly and have it replaced in short order. At least it got remedied on the early stages rather just giving up midway to somewhere, which would really be a big inconvenience. Hopefully that’s the last of your car problems. But then again, with cars it’s just a matter of which part is next. Heh.

Enoch Ross