Friday, October 1, 2010

Its clear he's NOT an Eagle Scout YET!!!

So yesterday afternoon I called home looking for my sister who wasn't answering her cell phone. Nate answered & talked to me for a bit before he decided to inform me that he had STABBED himself with a knife. Yes, I said STABBED. I didn't even think it was for real. He's kind of turned into an onoxious little tween lately...so I thought he was pulling my leg. But I asked and he was serious. Then he proceeded to tell me it was bleeding really bad, but he didn't think it was too bad of a cut.

He was home alone but luckily my dad works semi close and rushed home to take him to the ER. 10 stitches later, and his leg was back in tact.



Funny thing is on the phone with me while he was waiting for my dad Nate thought the whole thing was sooo funny! This is how the conversation went.

Nate: Nicole, want to know something sooo funny?

Me: Sure.

Nate: So I was sitting there with my pocket knife & thinking about the scout motto and all that good stuff, and how we're NEVER supposed to cut toward ourselves...and right as I was thinking I should stop cutting that way I stabbed my leg....(he then proceeded to laugh).

Needless to say, he's still got to learn a few more things before he gets his Eagle.

I think he learned to be more careful with knives though...he learned stitches hurt WAY more than actually stabbing your leg...and the Emergency Room is no fun!

...however, he did think it pretty cool that his knife had blood on it. And was very excited to show me the blood on his shoes this morning! --gross!

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

oh my goodness. I hate pocket knifes.. my worst fear. Glad he thought it was funny

Lisa Bunker said...

oh, Nicole, you should warn me, that the pictures could make me squirmy, we are not a good ER family here!!!!!!! I'm glad Nathan wasn't to upset about the whole ordeal, Jason would have been passed out, and we would have come home to him laying on the floor bleeding to death!!!!

andrew and brittani said...

Ouch!! At least he was laughing about it.