Monday, October 18, 2010

President Monson

I wasn't with Joseph, but I believe him. My faith did not come to me through science, and I will not permit so-called science to destroy it. -Thomas S. Monson

Tyler is officially certain that there must be sports in heaven, because the Prophet attends Jazz Games! My cousin's husband, Mitch, was two suites down from the prophet and sent us a text telling us so. We couldn't see him from where we were sitting, but then LUCKY us. On our way out we walked right past President Monson getting into the elevator. It was so neat to see him even if it was literally only for a second or two.

I told Tyler later that the Jazz game was fun, but what really made it worth it was seeing the prophet!

With all that is going on in the world today, its so great to have an amazing prophet to help direct our lives and be such a great example of faith. I love listening to him speak, because he always has great advice and he always has a great story to share. He's also such a cheerful person. When he first became prophet I went to the conference center for conference. I was fairly close to the front making it so much easier to see his smiley face as he greeted all the apostles on his way in. After the session was over he walked down into the congregation and started greeting people. It was so neat to see him do that. He was instantly swarmed with people, so I didn't bother to try to shake his hand, but still cool to see how personable and loving he was with everyone.

In addition to seeing the prophet, we had a great time at the game seeing the Jazz beat the Suns.
Tyler also attempted to win us tickets to the next game by doing a bunch of pull-ups for the Marines, but he didn't do enough for the tickets. He did do lots though and his biceps looked big doing them, so I was still very proud! haha.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

So sad I didnt go.

The Mama said...

I am jealous too. I love the Jazz game anyway, but you are right, seeing Pres. Monson would make it that much better!! Love your pumpkins too and sorry to hear about the car, just catching up! :)

maremee said...

I haven't been to a Jazz game in ages. Miss them. It was a fabulous surprise seeing you on Sunday. Hope to see you again! :)