Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blog Stalkers Annonymous

Good old technology has allowed us to pour our lives onto the great and glorious world wide web!
Facebook, Blogging, Twitter, Buzz, you name it--we do it!

And deny it all you want but we're ALL guilty of either blog stalking or facebook stalking. It's funny how it happens, on facebook, you look at a picture that a friend of yours is tagged in...pretty soon you're going thru the whole album and then you look at another album of there's and pretty soon your clicking on people in the picture and so on and so on....pretty soon your are looking at pictures of someone 5 states away & you don't have the slightest idea how you got there! Same goes for blogging, somehow you run across a blog and the person doesn't know you but you read their blog and feel like you do KNOW them. The best is when you finally meet one of these people, say a friend of a friend, and in the back of your mind, your like I do know who you are, but only because we have 80 facebook friends in common and your in all the pictures...we've never actually met!

Today I had a funny conversation about blog stalking with Chelsey --how we've seen someone in the grocery store & they don't know us, but we follow their blog. How funny it is, how we stumble upon blogs and then even though we don't know the person we read them cuz they're cute or they are great writers, or whatever the reason be. Then we wondered people do the same thing to us (blog stalk). I don't find my life very exciting or STALK worthy, but hey you never know!!!

And then there is the debate, if your going to someone should you leave a comment, or "follow" them so they're at least aware you're doing, making it a little less creepy. Or would they find you doing that more creepy/weird? I'll admit, I've got many blogs I read that have no idea I read them, some that I decided to "follow" even though they don't know me.

So here is our question...what do you do? and have you any funny stories of run-ins with people you stalk on social networking site or on blogs? and thirdly, if your going to stalk a blog are you brave enough to add a comment? ...p.s. if you do happen to stumble upon my blog & stalk it, now would be a perfect time to admit it! And I promise I won't think your weird or a Chester (unless you really are in fact a Chester), heck chances are I'll be flattered people actually read this!

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

I stalk you. :) I might repost this. I wanna know who stalks mine.

andrew and brittani said...

I walked into a baby shower for a high school friend with another friend and right when we walked in the door she said, "Look, it's all the people I blog stalk" to a room full of girls we went to high school with but have hardly talked to any since then.


It was kinda embarassing, because it was like admitting right there to everyone that you stalk their blog but then it was really funny because I think everyone in the room agreed with her.

Blog stalking...we all do it. You're a liar if you say you don't.

Ali said...

Haha this is so true! I love it! I've even gone to the point where I've seen someone at school and I can't remember if I know them in real life, or if i've just seen them on facebook. Thats an awkward situation. Haha I love your blog though. Its fun to read...i guess you can say I stalk it. :)

Virginia said...

I stalk you nicole... :) and chelsey too!...haha..