Monday, October 11, 2010

They're Baack!

I had NEVER ever heard of people getting crickets in their houses until they started showing up in MY house. 3 falls ago, I started noticing them in our basement. And not just occasionally, they would show up DAILY! Several new ones everyday, then I noticed, they were practically waiting for me. They love to chill at the bottom of our stairs. They REALLY crossed the line when one showed up IN my bed. I'm a complete bug wimp, so let's just say I didn't sleep in my own room for a week, I stayed in Kev's old room. I was very glad it was there for me. Luckily that year was the worst of them, last year there were way too many but none in my bed thank goodness. But this year, I'm getting concerned. I spotted 4 this weekend. One of them was HUGE. It looked like it was on steroids. I tried to catch it to kill it but it got away and hid before I could get to it. I hate that they can do that, and worst of all...I hate that sometimes I will kill them and think they are dead. Then I will go to get a vacuum to suck them up with and I will come back and they will be gone. I really don't understand why of all bugs, we have crickets in our basement, but we do. And I've mentioned them to other people in our neighborhood who have said they've had them too, but is this really a common thing elsewhere? Anyone else ever had them? I think it's disgusting. One reason that I hate fall.

Would you be ok sharing your house with something as disgusting as this little guy?

1 comment:

Shantel Williams said...

Oh gross! I am not a fan of anything that crawls or creeps or slithers! At least you dont' have a mouse though, there is a dead one in my house somewhere and it reeks to high heaven! Best of Luck killing those crickets!