Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sister Blackburn

I hope they call me on mission, when I have grown a foot or two.
I hope by then I will be ready, to teach and preach and work as missionaries do.
I hope that I can share the gospel, with those who want to know the truth.
I want to be a missionary, and serve and help the Lord while I am in my youth.


My friend Hope got her mission call this week and I couldn't be more happy for her.
She has been called to serve in the Cochabamba Bolivia mission.
She leaves on January 26 and I'm going to miss her.
She's been a great friend and been a part of some great Schaefer Beer & Grandma Joyce adventures.
They won't be the same without her.
But she's definitely ready to go serve the Lord.
And she has definitely GROWN a foot or two.
And as she recently put on her facebook status, she might be a little tall since the average Bolivian woman is only 4 1/2 ft. tall. (Hope is 6ft. tall)

Congrats Hope & Good Luck!

I had to post this picture, because 1. blogs are always better with pictures. and 2. because I asked Hope to take a picture with me before I left and she instantly asked if I was going to put it on my blog. So how could I not?
Pardon my gross hair, it was the result of dance class followed by a long walk to my car in the rain...followed by a sad attempt by me to fix it.

1 comment:

andrew and brittani said...

Andrew went to Bolivia--just the Santa Cruz mission. But the temple is in Cochabamba. I actually looked at that temple in the new Ensign yesterday.