Saturday, March 27, 2010

And the Winner Is...

The Color Festival

A few people asked me what the color festival is.
I hope these pictures can do the talking.

This would be the Krishna Temple.
Every year the welcome with a massive chalk fight!

 

We decided it would be pointless to buy our own chalk since after only a few minutes, this is what we looked like.


This would be the inside of my shirt. It was equally as covered. Final Result from this chalk fight was.... Chalk in...My mouth. My nose. My ears. My eyes. My hair. Blisters on the bottom of my feet (Thanks to 3 miles of walking! Shouldn't have worn flip flops!) My clothes have gone through the wash twice...on number 3 and still covered...mostly in pink. My hair also washed several times...but my scalp is still pink and purple. And I'm still blowing purple chalk out of my nose. It was completely worth it all of it! It was a fantastic day!


2 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

good answer to my question

Lindsay Smith said...

Fun! I have been to that temple before but it wasn't for the color festival. We always thought it would be fun to go.