Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Highlight of My Weekend

Yes, it was Halloween....and yes I had lots of fun...
Surprisingly though, my favorite part of the weekend was one very SMALL moment I had at home.
I was at my Parent's house on Friday night to pick some stuff up, before heading off to a Halloween dance. I ended up being there much longer than planned and just kinda relaxed with my brother and parents. I was headed downstairs to change into my halloween costume just before leaving and my little brother, Nate, and mom were standing at the top of the stairs. Nate looks at my mom and says "I'm going with her!" (Referring to going to my room, not to the dance). I looked at him and said, "Why?" He goes, "Because you're fun." Suddenly, I had no desire to go out that night at all! I had obligations to people though, and so of course, I did leave, but I would have loved to have stayed. I know it sounds so simple, but coming from him, it meant the WORLD! It's probably one of the nicest things he has EVER said to me. When he was really little, he was my best bud. I packed the little guy everywhere with me. Then one day he decided he was TOO GOOD for me, and ever since likes to be rude to me anytime I am around. Most the time, it is in good humor. He just doesn't like to admit he likes his sister, but NEVER does he speak so nicely...especially without you asking him...So THANK YOU Nate, for making my weekend!!! Love you bud.

Oh, and for the record! I think you're fun too! ;)

5 comments:

The Mama said...

How sweet!! You are very lucky to have a little brother, I always wanted one.

andrew and brittani said...

I've never heard him speak! ha good first words though

Lindsay Smith said...

That is so cute!I love it! And I love those pictures.

Lisa Bunker said...

YOu're a great sister too, especially for recognizing it!!!!! Love reading your blog, you do a great job!!!!!

Bitters said...

That is SWEET....Don't think CHELSEY will hear that from my kids...ha ha xo