Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Thankful for...

My Sister

With Thanksgiving around the corner I have been thinking about many things I'm thankful for in my life and due to recent changes I can't help but recognize how grateful I am to have a sister. If you know us very well at all, you know that we can fight a pretty nasty fight with each other, and that in the past, we've done this on a regular basis...as in DAILY! It used to be quite the chore to get us to stop fighting. Most the time we wouldn't quit til one of us was in tears, and lets face it, that was NEVER me. Being the older, less sensitive one, I seem to always have the upper hand and much better war tactics. However, in the last 3 months, my sister and I have not fought even ONCE! Impressive, I know. I can't help but thank our new living situation for this one. We no longer live in the same house and life is great! We get along Soooo much better and when we are together we can enjoy each others company rather than nag at each other. Last week Natalie was my life saver when I had no one to go to a dance concert with me and I was so glad that she was able to go. It was not only fun to go to be in her company but also to see something we both love. My brother's have been fairly supportive when it has come to all my dancing, but they can't touch the support and the understanding Nattie has in this area. She and my mom were ALWAYS at my performances and competitions in high school and before that she too was competiting at all the same places as was I. She is now on drill team and it has been so fun coming and watching her dance so far and can't wait to watch her at all her competitions this year (sad though, I can't be at the first one next week.) I'm happy seeing her succeed especially in something I personally love so much.  Here are the top 10 things I love about Natalie.

1. She's no doubt a peace maker.

2. She is always bailing me out of trouble, tis true.

3. She's very giving, not just to me, but to everyone.

4. She's SUPER smiley & FULL of personality.

5. She doesn't like meat very much, which leaves more for me :)

6. She agrees that I have a big butt...this is a constant debate at our house. Random I know.

7. She can pull off headbands of all kinds, and I cannot. Lucky girl!

8. She is an awesome listener.

9. She idolizes me...but then again who doesn't? (totally kidding, i'm not THAT arrogant.)

10. She's willing to admit it. :)


Love you Nattie!

3 comments:

Lindsay Smith said...

Sisters... they are the best! I didn't know that you guys used to fight that much. Haha I'm glad you don't anymore.

andrew and brittani said...

totally random, but i love your vest in the facebook pic on the side of your blog, and i actually love the one in this post's pic too. and i love natalie too!!

Chelsey said...

lol. Daily, A few times. HA good times. Its so true you get along with your family better once your moved out. Love it. Love Nat.