Wednesday, November 25, 2009

hApPy BiRtHdAy PiNkiE


My Great-Grandma Clyde is the coolest lady I know! Today she is celebrating her 95th birthday so I just wanted to wish her a very happy birthday. I love her so much and am glad she has been around so long. Not too many are fortunate to see their grandparents live to be as old as she is so I know I am lucky. She's no ordinary grandma either, she's one spunky, rockin', attitude-given grandma. She LOVES pink...she rubbed off on me. I think it is in my genes to love Pink. Who do you know who owns a Pink Cadillac, has/had Pink appliances (she cried when her Pink fridge stopped working.) Has had pink counters, and a FAMOUS pink couch? The only person I know with that much pink is her! She is a BYU fanatic. How many 95 year old ladies do you know that can get worked up and scream and yell just as much as all the guys? She's the only one I know! Our family jokes around how we have to love BYU or we'll be disowned and it is probably true. She gets WAY into Halloween...dressing up one year ALL in Pink...hair and all...another year as Michael Jackson and playing the part the ENTIRE night. Has your grandma ever gone around acting like Michael telling you how much she likes little boys? A moment I will never forget, that is for sure! Does your grandma dress up like a cowboy or a chicken? I didn't think so. The first time my grandma met my brother's wife, Page, she was wearing her chicken suit. Once again, she stayed in FULL character. She spoke chicken...bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk was all we heard for HOURS. We introduced Page to her and all she did was bawk at her. It was so funny...I don't know how she does it. It's amazing. We were laughing so hard and she was able to stay so serious. She even did the chicken dance for us. What a hoot!
Anyway, I love her and had to brag!
Happy Birthday Pinkie!
xoxo

No comments: