Friday, May 11, 2012

Better Late Than Never!


Its only been a month or so...haha, but I'm finally going to post a little about my trip with my family to St. George. My mom took Nattie and Nate at the beginning of the week but I had school so I waited and went down with my dad on a Wednesday. It was fun just to have several hours of driving and one on one time with him. Funniest moment with him was definitely when we stopped to fill up his truck in Cedar City. He was getting kind of hungry and thirsty so he sent me in to get us some snacks and drinks. I came out a couple minutes later and hopped back in the truck, but I guess he didn't see me or hear me (it was windy and raining). I played on my phone as I waited for him to finish up, but after another 5 minutes or so, I glanced out to see what was taking so long, because it doesn't take 10 minutes to fill up. He was gone. I figured maybe he had gone in to use the restroom or something but then I realized the truck doors were locked and I hadn't locked them when I got in. Made me wonder if he really was aware that I had come back? After a couple more minutes I decided I'd better go back inside. Well, in my attempt I set the truck alarm off! Oops! Since he'd locked it from the outside and I attempted to get out without unlocking all the doors first I triggered the alarm. I had everyone around starring at me,  it was kind of embarrassing and I even considered waving to everyone....haha. I decided though, that alarm would send the message to my dad if he wasn't sure where I was. So I stayed in the truck. Only to have the alarm go off 3 more times before he came out. Even funnier, he came out with another drink. He thought I was in the bathroom and hadn't bought any of the stuff yet. Needless to say, we had a good laugh.

The weather in St. George wasn't the greatest so we didn't get to do all the normal outside stuff and didn't lay out or anything which was a bummer, but we made up for it in shopping and eating! I seriously think I ate more food in those 5 days than I do in a month. I was stuffed 24/7.  We also did something we've never done down there before which was 4-wheeling! My mom and Nathan didn't want to go so it was just my dad, Natalie, and me. We took 2 machines down with us, but one of them totally died 10 minutes in, so we didn't stay as long as planned and had to take turns going out, but it was still way fun and now we know where to go and what trails are fun for next time and I got my first towing experience in :)



Here are a bunch of random pictures from the trip
Courtesy of Instagram of course!

It was a really great little trip! I'm so happy I got to go and spend some time having fun with some of my family before I had to come back to reality and start working again.
I already can't wait for the next trip!

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Looks like a fun trip! We need to do a 4wheeling trip.

Lindsay Smith said...

I love the gas station story!