Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Congrats to Nat-Nat!

May has been a fun month but a month that has made me feel rather old. My little sister is 5 years younger than me and so after my own high school graduation I felt like it would be ages before it would be her turn, but low and behold "ages" has come. In ways it has flown right by and in other ways it has felt like more than 5 years, but either way I feel a little old. She's seriously going to be joining me at school next year. We're planning on taking a few classes together which seems so strange to me, because the last time we went to the same school, she was in Kindergarten and here she is, all grown up and graduated! I've been joking that she'll probably graduate college before me and it really is pretty possible. She's much smarter than me and got lots of college credits while she was in high school. I'm so proud of her for graduating and can't wait to see what the future holds for her. Today as I sat and watched her graduate I had to fight back emotions (another sign of my old age, as a youngster I had no emotions). I didn't feel the slightest bit emotional at my own graduation and certainly didn't think I'd want to get all emotional today, but knowing what it has taken Nattie to get to today brought up this overwhelming sense of pride. She has endured more in the last 2+ years than any high school student should ever have to. Her sophomore year went very well for her, but come junior year her health took a dive and she's really never recovered from it. She has struggled with quite a few different health issues for years (also something no young person should ever have to have) but last year they just simply got out of control and she had to miss a lot of school which meant for a lot of make up work for her...and by make up work, I mean entire terms of work. This year was slightly better but still a challenge and her health still made it really difficult for her to be at school and drag herself out of bed everyday, but after lots of sacrifices, tears, and hard work, she made it and I couldn't be more proud of her! Way to go Nat-Nat!

Seminary Graduation (last week)

Graduation Lunch at Riverside
A Few Pre-Graduation Pictures
Post Grad Pictures


2 comments:

Natalie Alyse said...

Thanks sis! you are the best sister I could ask for. I love you so much! Cant wait to get to go to school with my big sister!

Jessica said...

My 10 year reunion is this fall. If that doesn't make you feel old then I don't know what does. Haha!