Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year I was overwhelmed by all the things Tyler and I had to be grateful for. We have been so lucky this year considering we are both students and also newlyweds. We have had an amazing year and been so blessed. Here are just a few of the many things I thought of.

1. A new job (for me)
2. A great tax return (not that it went to anything fun, just school!)
3. An almost free trip to Hawaii
4. 2 Amazing Families who have been incredibly supportive of us.
5. The gospel, being lucky enough to have been in two great wards this year, and also for our callings that we have enjoyed/still enjoying.
6. Being able to go to school (sometimes it doesn't feel like such a blessing)
7. Great friends, anytime I get together with any of our friends I realize how great they are and how lucky we are to have them as our friends!
8. An affordable and great place to live.
9. Good health...I've joked a little bit that we have insurance, but have hardly got any use out of it and its almost not worth it to be paying for it (especially because I'm still being covered on my dad's too), but we are very glad we've both been pretty healthy and also thankful that we do have insurance.
10. Each other, I can't speak too much for Tyler but I will say for myself that Tyler is definitely my rock and lifesaver. So glad I have him :)

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving with the Clyde Family. We started the day out with an early morning Turkey bowl and then dinner later in the afternoon at my Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Jeff's house. A week before Thanksgiving Tyler started asking me how a Clyde Thanksgiving goes and if its like all the other parties we have? He also had a big concern about if there would be enough food for him since there would be a large crowd and he did not want to run out of food on Thanksgiving and said he wanted to be able to eat as much Turkey as he wanted. I think the thought of running out of food even stressed him out a little. He also asked if we cut the Turkey, because he likes it left uncut? Of course we cut it? Are we not supposed to?  Well, Thanksgiving came and we didn't even come close to running out of food so I think he was pretty satisfied. It was great too to be surrounded by all 40 people in attendance. This year everyone in the family was able to make it except for my cousin Rachel and her family, who live in Ohio. We definitely missed them!

...PICTURES TO COME SOON ...

No comments: