Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Colorado Adventure.

Friday morning we decided to go to the BYU vs. Air Force Game on Saturday in Colorado Springs. It was really last minute, but was very fun and very worth it. Tyler served his mission in Colorado Springs and so did our friend Jeff so they had connections for a place to stay. It was a great, cheap trip! We took lots of pictures so be prepared for some serious picture overload.
Seeing a game at Air Force was really cool especially because it was September 11. They made it nice and patriotic. They flew in kids who were in the Pentagon day care that day and shared their story as well as 2 firefighters, one who lost 2 brothers (also firefighters). Both died when the towers collapsed. One in each tower. 
BYU played horribly & got smoked by Air Force, but we still had a good time.
This is on the drive back to Utah. The boys got burned really bad at the game, so they both had VERY red & shiny faces. It was really funny.
Colorado is absolutely beautiful & especially beautiful this time of year so we took a break and took these pics...
 
We had just got back in the car from our first stop and Tyler thought we should take this one particular exit...I protested, but thankfully Jeff listened to him and not me. We got off the exit and saw one of the prettiest places I think I have ever seen...gorgeous trees...beautiful lake...bridges...etc. So we took these fabulous pics! and then some...haha.
So Tyler decided he wanted to throw the leaves--not very like him. It was really funny cuz he wanted a picture of it, but since it was a yellow tree behind him and yellow leaves you can't see all the leaves flying in the air which made the picture pretty funny I thought.
The place was seriously beautiful, I don't think the pictures even do it justice.
Don't ask why we're standing like this, I set the timer and ran and the boys told me what to do. I didn't have time to think about it. lol.
Jeff had a little too much fun with the road signs.

This video I will warn you is a little dumb, it was way funnier at the time. One of those you had to be there moments. Tyler thought I was taking pictures not filming & he was pretty into his jumps.
 
Overall I loved Colorado, it was so fun to go and see where Tyler was for 2 years. It was also great to get away...although it was way too short. Yesterday we went over to Tyler's brother Russ's. He asked me if I liked it enough to live there...and there is very few places I could say that about outside of Utah, but Colorado Springs definitely could be one of them! It was so much fun & such a great place. 

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Looks like so much fun! And your right it looks beautiful there... LOVE the video. Does tyler know you posted it :) lol