Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Long Lost Blogger

Yep. That would be me, the girl who fell off the face of the earth. Anyone who once did follow this blog has probably mourned my blogger death and long since moved on (as if people actually cared whether or not I blogged..ha, who am I kidding, lets face it...I'm my own biggest fan). Anywho if anyone has not yet moved on and deleted me from their blog lists...I AM BACK. I am hoping I actually stay back too. 2013 was a totally awesome year. It started off fabulous with my new job and seemed to only get more fabulous as the year went on. Just to catch everyone up...here are our 2013 highlights.

  • My new job--which by the way I still love, in case anyone is wondering!
  • Trip to Arizona to watch the Braves play the Diamondbacks...I loved everything about this trip! We stayed at a great resort and I got to enjoy my most favorite thing, the sun. We also got to spend some time with my family that lives down there. We even taught primary there. This is what happens when your uncle is Branch president in a Spanish branch, his wife is the Primary president and they have lots of callings to fill but no one to fill them, so we got to teach even though we can't even understand or speak the language their meetings are in. It was a unique experience.
  • We found out we were having a baby!!!!!!!!!!! This was the highlight of our year for sure.
  • I went on a girls trip to St George with my mom and sister to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday.
  • We did some good old summertime boating!
  • Tyler got 2 internships
  • We found out we were having a BOY!
  • We had a little family reunion with the Hunsaker's at the Heber Valley Girls Camp. It was so much fun and we can't wait to do it again. 
  • We enjoyed one more fun year of BYU football...it was not my favorite season, being pregnant and all, but still a good one.
  • We went on another trip to St. George with some of the Hunsaker's...the original plan was to go to Lake Powell but the government shut down sort of ruined that...thanks a lot government!
  • Tyler went with his dad and brothers to Notre Dame to watch BYU play. They froze their tooshies off but had lots of fun doing it.
  • Tyler graduated with his bachelors!!! And me, I got my associates...Wahoo! Only a year to go...which probably means like 5 because I'm practically doing my school in slow motion! Slow and steady wins the race though right?
  • I FINALLY surprised Tyler with a great Christmas gift...this is a really big deal because he is impossible to buy for and even more hard to surprise. Thank you GO PRO! And Tyler made all my dreams come true by getting me a snazzy camera with all the bells & whistles!
  • We celebrated our 3rd anniversary with some shopping & a night in Salt Lake.
  • I successfully finished my 2013 New Year resolution, one year with no soda...it felt great!
 Here is a few photos of these great events...

On our way back from Arizona..don't judge Tyler's hair..it was a travel day...he had a good excuse.

Tyler completely thrilled to finally be able to watch his team play. He's been a fan since childhood, but this was his first time seeing them in person!
 Our first ultrasound pictures at our first doctor's appointment. I was 11 weeks and it just so happened my appointment was on Tyler's birthday, it was fun to start the morning off getting an ultrasound and hearing our baby's heart beat the first time. Excuse the cheesy look on my face, I wanted to document the day but felt really silly getting it taken.

 We used onesies to tell our family.
I had lots of fun with Bubba's...its kind of been a joke that he's clueless when it comes to babies, because he's never so much as held a baby...let alone a child of any size so we knew he'd get a kick out of the onesie we made for him.

We recorded everyone's reactions which was really fun except we failed to record my Nana's and hers was by far the best, she gasped and started jumping up and down. I don't think I've ever seen her jump so it was the best!

 ...and how we told the rest of the world!
oh, and Chelsey is seriously the best photographer!

Funny story: Tyler spelt February wrong on this onesie and accidentally put 2013 for the year instead of 2014 which is funny in and of itself, but the funniest part was that I didn't notice, Chelsey didn't notice, and Chelsey's husband Mitch didn't notice. I noticed AFTER we got the pictures back from her that the year was wrong...and it wasn't til I pulled the onesie out of the closet a few months ago that I realized that the spelling was wrong. This is saying something about pregnant brain, because I am consider myself to be a spelling queen. Oh well though, what is life without a little imperfection and a story?

We took some fun ones with pink and blue so everyone could guess what we were having. When I got the balloons a lady asked if I was throwing a shower for someone with twins. I told her no, but should have just said yes, because when I tried to explain what I was doing to her she just stared at me like I was nuts.
Guess away folks! Guess away?

 Oh ya know...trying to push my stomach out to look pregnant at 13 or 14ish weeks?



 DRUM ROLL PLEASE....


....and its a boy! Such great news!

Celebrating on New Years Eve 35 weeks pregnant! 

...and this brings us to 2014.
Post all about welcoming our little man in our lives up next!

Here is a little sneak peak of his cuteness!

Don't you love him?




No comments: