Friday, September 30, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found this really yummy chocolate chip recipe on pinterest...surprise. surprise. (If you haven't check out their website click here and sign up now. I love it. Its awesome!) Anyway, I decided to give them a try and they were super yummy! So worth it, even though I am not a fan of making things from scratch.  Sadly this is the first time since being married that I have made cookies that didn't come in pre-made and just needed to be heated up. Tyler rated them an 8 or 9, which is as good as it will ever get because he doesn't believe in giving out 10's!

Ingredients: 

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened 
3/4 c. brown sugar 
1/4 c. granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. all purpose flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

3.  Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.

4.  Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.  (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)

5.  Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Try not to eat them all.

THINGS I LEARNED: If you do not have a mixer, do not attempt to use a hand mixer...yes I'm an idiot and attempted it. I kind of new going into it, it wouldn't turn out too well. But, I was lazy and didn't feel like handmixing it. In about .25 seconds sugar was everywhere. So don't be as dumb as me...hand mix it! Also, I was really hesitant about the 8-10 minutes. At 8 minutes the edges were a little brown but the middles looked completely doughy so I left them in 2-3 min. longer and they were a little overdone...still yummy, but not as pretty looking. So I'd highly reccommend taking them out at 8 minutes even if you aren't sure if they're cooked. They will be :) And last but not least I learned how much I love my cookie scoop. It was my first time using it and it was super awesome. It has officially made the list of products I love!

2 comments:

Kristin Hunsaker said...

Yum. Thanks for sharing the recipe I will have to make them now!

Shantel Williams said...

I made these and they were GREAT! I ate half the bowl of dough before I cooked anything! Your tips were very helpful! Thanks for sharing!