Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Taco Amigo Virgin.

I grew up completely loving food from Taco Amigo and ate it VERY frequently...after all, back in the day, where else could you eat when you were in Pleasant Grove? I love it to this day and still go there way too frequently. I go there so frequently that I'm pretty sure I could safely know what to order for all immediate family as well as several of my cousins and my aunt. My husband however, has NEVER joined me. #1- He doesn't like anything with beans so it's not like I'm going to suggest us eat there. #2- He told me that he doesn't like it. Well, last night we had to go to Lehi and Tyler was starving so before going home, we decided to grab food...strangely, and shockingly, this is where he decided we should eat. As we pull up he tells me he has NEVER had their food. I was completely shocked and upset. I couldn't believe it. I have known him for how long and he's never had Taco Amigo. I told him he was a liar, because he had told me that he didn't like it, but he really couldn't say that if he'd never tried it. Turns out he has had a caramel oreo shake from there and said that it was pretty good, but never did eat their food. I'm still pretty upset that I went all this time not knowing he hadn't had a REAL Taco Amigo experience, but I am glad he finally had one. Obviously he didn't get anything with beans but did approve of their burgers and shut down there Chicken Burrito, but good news is he did say, he would be willing to eat there again. I'm so glad he finally tried it and is no longer a Taco Amigo virgin.

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

HOW did you marry him not knowing that he was a TA Virgin :) ooh i love this lil piece of heaven.

Lisa Bunker said...

Now we can say he truly is a member of our family!!!!! Taco Amigo is just part of life!

Rachel said...

There's a few things I really miss about Utah . . . family, cafe rio, taco amigo, and los hermanos!

Shantel Williams said...

Oh my goodness! Clearly this is something you should find out BEFORE you marry someone :) Well i'm glad he likes it, all the cool kids do!