Monday, May 11, 2009

One Fantabulous Weekend

This past weekend was great. For one, I can actually get blogging again. Our router was having problems and we couldn't get it to work and w/o my laptop blogging simply does not happen because I am way too lazy to use our home computer. Turns out our router had overheated so we went out and bought a new one...oh happy day! Back to my laptop :)

Friday: Tyler and I doubled with my friend, Shantel (who also happens to be Tyler's cousin) and her boyfriend Brandon. We went to the drive in with them and saw Wolverine. I'm NOT an a fan of Xmen, but the movie was surprisingly good I thought and it was so fun to go with Shantel and Brandon. It was our first time doubling with them and we will have to do it again.

Saturday: I unfortunately had to go to work on Saturday morning but was done by noon so it wasn't too bad. I went Mother's Day shopping and then met Tyler at the mall for some shopping. I scored myself to new purses which I am still excited about. I have a big fettish when it comes to purses and bags and I haven't bought any since October, which is in all time record for me. I don't think I will ever go that long again. Tyler didn't buy anything but still managed to drool over some watches, which is his fettish. 45+ Nixons and still wanting more.... After the mall we went and grabbed some ice cream before heading to his mom's dance recital. She owns her own studio and teaches lots of little girls. Her recital was so much fun, I was excited to go and was fun to see. Props to Kim! :) Also props to his cute little niece McCall who danced in the show and his sister Kristin, who did a solo. After the concert we went to Salt Lake and stopped at Nordstrom Rack for more shopping and then headed to The Pie Pizzeria and had some tasty food. We ended the night by watching The Notebook at Ty's house.

Sunday: I got to sleep in! Wahoo for 1 o'clock church. I went to church with my Mom for Mother's Day and went to her Primary class with her. Her class is cute and was entertained by all the Primary kids. She has an autistic boy in her class who spent most of sunday school making shapes with a pipe cleaner and asking her to make a triangle. The rest of the class was making their own Gold Plates, but were a little upset when they realized their plates weren't REAL gold. They discovered they were only cardboard wrapped in gold paper. What a let down...poor little 6 year olds. Such high hopes. In sharing time the bishop came in and talked about baptism. Their answers were very interesting. One kid announced that when you get baptised you go under the water and are NOT allowed to come out. After church we got to give my mom her Mother's Day gifts....I like pictures in case you can't tell.


I love this board, I think its so neat how easy it is to just slide the pictures right in. It makes it so easy to change them. I want one of my own!!!


Sunday we also went and visited my Grandpa Schaefer and my Grandma & Grandpa Clyde for mothers day! I don't see them enough, so it was very fun. After my visit, I went and watched 7 Pounds with the Hunsaker's. I really enjoyed the movie. I love Will Smith! It was sad to see this great weekend end :(


2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Im so happy your back to blogging. Where is that cute family picture board from? I want one!

The Mama said...

Cute blog Nicole! That board is really cute. I love lots of pictures too.