Friday, July 27, 2012

The 4th of Forever Ago

July is a month that I always struggle to find time for blogging.
Guess that's what happens when your having fun!

For the 4th of July this year, I had to work, but got off early enough that I was able to make it to a late lunch with Russ and Misty and still do all the fun stuff at night. We went to the annual Lunt BBQ. The Lunt's are long time friends with Tyler's family and have tons of people over on the 4th and always put on a great firework show and have lots of yummy food! This year we weren't there very long and I didn't take any pictures, but it was still really fun. 

I did take a picture of my cupcake from our BBQ. 
It tasted as a good as it looks!
After eating at the BBQ we went to Kevin and Page's house to join up with my family to watch the fireworks. From Kevin's house there is a clear shot of the Thanksgiving Point fireworks so we figured it would be a perfect place to watch them from. Then we got an even better idea and climbed up on his roof and watched all the fireworks all over the Valley! And I must say, Thanksgiving Point's were pathetic compared to everyone's personal ones!
Picture of the fire from Kevin's roof
After all the fireworks we went to my parents and I watched the quail fire through my dad's scope. Yes, I'm a complete nerd. I have to admit as sad as fires are, I am really intrigued by them and was really mesmerized by this one. I think Tyler thought I was nuts. I could have stayed all night just to stare at it.
Hope everyone's 4th was as fun as ours!
Stay tuned for lots more July posts!!!

No comments: